Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Music Soothes the Savage Beast


I was relaxing last night, playing Dance, Dance, Revolution (ok - I did mention I'm a geek, right??), and it hit me....What a wonderful gift is music.  
And not just the lyrics sung along to the instruments, but the music, itself.  Waves of harmony, resonating through the air, to vibrate them three tiny bones in the ear.  It's a delicate system, such a small collusion of things, to bring sound to the brain.  What a marvel.  
Add a voice, wavering in, above, below, and in time with the instrumental accompaniment, and you can achieve distilled joy, bliss, anger, sorrow, or any emotion in between.
Granted, not all music is good music.  There is some commercially produced crap out there that was simply written, played, and recorded with only the mechanics of money in mind, and you can always tell which fall into this category.
But the music written with feeling - THAT comes through loud and clear, and I revel in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment