Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Resilience - A Better Day by Statobahn

Links are now up....listen here to A Better Day.

I received a wonderful gift this weekend....the gift of music.  Someone introduced me to a local Milwaukee band, and it was a pleasure to listen to a few of their songs.   One song in particular, touched me deeply.

The title of the song is called A Better Day.  Now, why does this piece strike such a mellow chord within me?

Part of it is the music, of course.  There are elements of new age, elements of hard 80's rock, and a hints of eastern flavor to the instrumental workings.

Part of it is the lead singer.  He's got a good voice....this is written within his range, and he sings this piece with feeling.  It's not easy to translate feelings through another media (I should know...I've pieces that move people to tears, and others that simply move them to boredom), but in this song, he did it.

The largest part of my attraction to this particular song is the story it tells.  It's poignant.  It speaks of loss, of change, of how painful the living process can be.  But it also speaks of resilience in the face of that change, of the refusal to give up, to continue to struggle and fight to LIVE.

The story is arranged in a way that makes sense.

Reminiscence -  the good times of the past, and the pain of their losses.

A touch of anger to the inexorable hand of progress....

And finally, the passion and dedication to rebuild, and to protect that rebuilt life.

I do hope that I'm given the OK to post that particular song here, as I think once you listen to it, you will agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment