Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Exploring the World through Photos again

While these photos don't have song lyrics attached to them, I think this batch is profound enough to share with you.

This first one is yet another night shot of the river walkway.  This is the other side of the walkway...not my usual haunt which is down by the fountain and the falls, but it's a beautiful shot.  I love my river walkway...at night, during the day, in rain, snow, and full flood.




And now we go back to my favorite side of the walkway - the falls.  This trio of fountains is IN the river, above the falls, and they light them up at night (obviously).  It's one of the views I have from my apartment windows, although this shot was taken right on site.



This shot was taken last year (that being 2009) at the House on the Rock.  They've got a lot of these huge urns scattered all about the property.  This one was taken from the parking lot.  I love the Eastern feel to the piece, the little dragon clinging to the side.  The oriental influences in the entire place are amazing.  If you've never been to House on the Rock, I highly suggest it - and also suggest a good pair of walking shoes, as the compound takes several hours to walk through.


1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say you're hot stuff - your pictures, I mean!
    (No, no, you're kinda cute, too! Honestly! Fish don't lie!)
    (I don't know about that; I heard tell of a salmon that always talked about how 'he got away from that fisherman'...)
    (With the hook in his mouth, I mean.)
    Love you MTCI!

    ReplyDelete