Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Friday, May 28, 2010

And I'm BAAAAAAAAAAACK

Originally posted May, 2010



Been a while since I've been on - truly, it's a very neat little site.  I have a lot of fun here with the tests and the people online.  I'm expanding my horizons and my contacts once again.
Dating is so full of ups and downs.  You think you meet the right person, and turns out there's that one, fatal flaw that makes the entire relationship turn to mush.  But, you gotta just pull them bootstraps tight, and hop right back on the horse that threw ya.  That's where I'm at now.
There's been lots of activity not relevant to dating, too.  I'm very active on my Electronic Cigarettes.  So very active I took a day (and then some) off to run myself down to Springfield in April to talk to the Health and Human Services committee about a bill they were considering passing for the State of IL - to ban my little toys from sale or distribution.  I went with a group of vapers, and, well, I'll say the legislative process, and the grassroots concept still work in our government.  We, as a group, made a difference against a rather powerful adversary....a paid lobbyist for the ALA.  We made a difference.  We came armed with information.  We killed that bill in that committee.
That's something I'm proud of - that my voice was HEARD, that my opinion MATTERED, that the corporations do NOT yet rule our country.
What is an Electronic Cigarette, you may ask?  By all means, ask me...I love to talk about my gizmo, I'm passionate about the thing that has allowed me to be totally tobacco-free for over a year now, and I'm proud to call myself a vaper.  So, by all means, drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to talk your ears off :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment