Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Friday, May 28, 2010

ME – 101 – Email/Post communication


I love electronic journaling – I’ve always been rabidly addicted to words, madly infatuated with punctuation, spelling, grammar… Through my keyboard, I explore me. 

But, I’m finding, it takes more than just me and my keyboard – it takes outside interaction with other people.  I need that interaction, because it forces me to think in different directions, to explore new questions – questions I didn’t even know I had lurking inside me.

And I need all different types of interaction – Email/post, IM or chat, phone, and in person.  Each style of communication touches a different part of my personality…..
_______________________________________
Email or Post:  This is where the thoughtful side comes out – where I can read and re-read the words, both yours and mine, constructing my reply carefully and thoughtfully.  A flourish here, a simile there, a descriptive phrase inserted and another one taken away…….writing is as deeply moving for me as sculpting or painting or music for another – my words are my art, when the muse is flowing I catch a glimpse of my personal Nirvana.  

I explore myself deeply when I’m employing this type of communication, and I explore the one I’m speaking with, as well – getting a feel for the emotions behind the written word.  Make no mistake - there are emotions behind the keyboard – strong ones, if you let yourself feel them.





As a sidebar here - I’m forcibly reminded right now of a quote that was posted on the bulletin board in my high-school creative writing class – it’s potent, and has stayed with me for the 26-odd years since I first laid eyes on it: 
‘Writing is easy – you just sit at your typewriter and bleed.’
It is a perfect summation of what I go through each and every time I set fingers to keyboard.
 ______________________________________
I’ll explore other avenues of communication in later journal entries, because each of them is an entry in with its own merits, deserving of its own posting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment