Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Monday, May 31, 2010

ME – 101 – Phone Conversation




Well, this is certainly getting more intimate. Phone conversation strips away another level of separation between the contributors. There is a texture in the spoken word that can't be conveyed in the written format...you can hear the pain, the laughter, the sorrow or joy in someone's voice - you can certainly 'hear' a smile.

I've had some epic conversations in my time - hours on the phone at times, discussing everything from the quality of macaroni -n- cheese to political instabilities to chaos theory.

I am very flexible in a phone conversation. My lighter side shows strongly, with quick quips and sarcastic remarks - jokes flow readily through me in a phone conversation. I can be deep and meaningful too, though, if discussing the right subject. And, confidences are sometimes easier to make - to share the deepest secrets of heart and soul - these are easier to release in a phone talk.

One thing I don't do in a phone conversation well is convey personal or spiritual pain - it's just too hard to get words out when you're blubbering..

I've learned a lot from phone conversations - people have the intimacy they need, but still a level of separation between them and their focus on the other side of the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment