Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crash and Boom

It was a dark and stormy night......


Well, it was!  Last night, I had a thunderstorm roll through JUST as I was lying down for sleep....and it was a spectacular show!

What is it about a lightning storm late at night?  Once you've turned out the lights, and left the blinds and windows open?   Seeing the flash, the spectacular shapes the lightning can twist into as it makes its way to the ground.  It's static.  It's a slice of time, distilled.  And following the light show is a sonic boom of epic proportions.  Add in the staccato of the rain pounding on the windows, buildings, ground...... it's nature's hard rock show.

It's the only time that I can think of where nature makes absolutely straight lines and sharp corners.  Any other time, such precision and fussiness is the purvey of man, as nature likes things more rounded and graceful.

I love thunderstorms. The light show, the thunder, the water elements playing heavily with the world.... they all speak to me on a deep, unconscious level.  I'm drawn in...I can feel it.

Perhaps, someday, I'll complete the communion and dance in the storm, speak back to it with body movement and sinuous grace...and I might learn something new for the experience by bringing the unconscious message forward into awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment