Welcome

Thanks for reading me. If you've seen my other blog, you'll know it's full of politics and more than a bit of sarcasm. This one is for me.... my journey through self and into realization.

Here is where I intend to explore me - and through my words, I hope you'll learn me, as well. If you learn a bit about yourself in the process, I would consider that the greatest compliment you could pay me.

As with any good exploration, nobody knows what we'll find, but I'm flush with the excitement of the journey, and not worried about the eventual endpoint.

Thank you for sharing this journey with me.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Reminiscences

A long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away - no, that isn't right....

As far back as the early 80's, I considered myself a writer...now, those first, opening offerings I liken to an infant taking their first steps...wobbly, unsure, stumbling and occasionally falling flat on backsides....and nothing I have access to currently (so even if I was so inclined to share, I just can't...you understand :D).

In the mid-to-late 80's, I was an adult.....legally and technically, but still had a lot of growing to do.  I was alone in every sense of the word.  I had just moved out of the house and into a Government program called Job Corps... different city, different state, and all by myself, thrown into a program geared for inner-city youth with little to no opportunities for growth or advancement.  I was 18, had come from a smallish town with a bare handful of minorities, and full of piss-n-vinegar, sure of myself and not needing anyone but myself (you remember how you were at 18?).

It was an awakening on a titanic scale, to be sure....to be tossed into this population of underprivileged not-quite-adult and not-children-anymore kids.  I found myself a minority.  I consider this to be my first awakening to the larger world around me.

But even back then, writing was my special way to deal with the thoughts and emotions of the day.  Back then, my creativity manifested itself primarily as poetry....it took a musical twist simply as a lark.

I did write two songs for/within Job Corps....as well as various poetry.  Here's some of what I do remember:
__________________________________________
Suicide

Late last night
I sat and cried
I wish I could have died
There's no more hope
for me its the rope
tonight I'm trying suicide.

(missing material - there were an additional 2 stanzas in the middle that I can't dredge up at this time)

The chair's legs slip
from under me
now is all tranquility
a hoarse scream rips
from my bloated lips
now, at long last, I am free.
_______________________________________

Without You
This is one of the 2 songs written, what you have here is only the chorus line, which repeated throughout the song.  There is a LOT of missing material in this one...hopefully in the weeks to come, as I continue to work on balancing the older, more mature me, I can safely revisit the angst-ridden teen I was and pull more of the words to this one. I would really like to recreate this song in its entirety....wish me luck.

Without you
The sun no longer shines on me
Without you
I cry in my pillow, and all the tears
remind....... me of you

I thought our love was meant to be
Oh why was I too blind to see
Life...............Without you.


_______________________________________
Friendship
This one is complete.

Friendship starts
in loving hearts
sometimes it falls 
breaks into parts

A true friend will be there
to pick up the pieces
they'll be there
whenever you need them

For true friendship 
doesn't need a cause
Because
there are no laws
to true friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment